L’Atelier Coworking, The Focus Journal, Tiidii Living
Episode #10: Lessons in Motherhood and Entrepreneurship
On this episode I’m sitting down with serial entrepreneur and new mom Sabrina Doumet, the founder and creative director of L’Atelier Coworking in Vancouver, The Focus Journal and Tiidii Living; her YouTube channel and lifestyle brand centered around organizing tips for your business and personal life. Sabrina is a tri-lingual Lebanese Canadian and is the proud mom of 1 year old baby George. She is in the process of creating an online course for moms on how to find, start, and grow their side hustles.
We had a great conversation covering everything from how she started her multiple businesses and her advice for new entrepreneurs, how she finds balance with her family life, and some of the stigma surrounding working mothers, specifically business owners. As always, this was another really fun and insightful chat with an accomplished working mother, and I hope you follow along on her accounts to see what she comes up with next.
- An unexpected path to entrepreneurship
- How frustrations in her career led her to create income through other means
- How travel experiences inspired her to start a coworking space locally
- Operating with the spirit of community over competition
- Delegating responsibilities and automating her business to prepare for a family
- The meaning of balance ebbing and flowing
- Venturing into online education and identifying a new market
- The stigma of working moms and certain terms
- The importance of research in validating ideas
Workin’ Moms © 2020